More about the job
The Barge/ Vessel Operator is responsible to carry out operations and logistical services in the international oil market.
- Ensuring that all obligations arising from a contract are controlled and carried out
- Deal with freight counter-parties, terminals, inspectors on a regular basis
- Plan, prepare and nominate cargoes and monitor progress of imports/barges/vessels.
- Ensure smooth operations in order to avoid supply disruption and minimize demurrage costs
- Ensure adherence to custom clearance, guidelines and fulfill document requirements and filing
- Ensure that all operational information is entered into our Operating systems (CRM, Pioneer, Navision) on day-to-day basis and ensure that adequate records are kept to meet the company's legal and fiscal obligations.
- Alignment with internal business stakeholders (e.g. traders, back-office, business control, financial control, treasury)
- Bachelor degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business/Administration and Economics, or related studies
- At least 3-6 years experience within operations and logistics
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Excellent knowledge and use of English (written and spoken)
- Excellent administrative skills with eye for detail
- Excellent problem solving and stress management skills combined with a pro-active attitude
- Experience in the oil and/or commodity trading industry is a plus
With our vacancy, this is what we offer
From day one, you will receive support, training, and great facilities. You will join a successful team that operates within a highly dynamic business environment. People that inspire, are open, and are the best in their field will be your colleagues. You will be part of a growing company within a growing market. A company that leads the way through its’ innovative products, services, and customer-focus. And of course, there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth and career expansion.
Apply today and discover ACT Commodities!
Room to keep improving
Seeing a flawless sequence of trades makes me smile
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.