More about the job
Who we are:
At ACT Commodities we trade environmental products and help our clients reach their environmental and sustainability objectives through trading products such as carbon offsets, environmental certificates and many others. We help our clients maximize their profits whilst reducing risk by utilizing our knowledge and network. We are a young-minded company with 170+ ambitious people from all over the world, all working in an open environment where no day is ever the same.
What you'll do:
After several years of outsourcing our IT systems, we started to build on our own in-house IT team in 2019. The team is responsible for the global IT landscape within the company. As a Business Analyst you will be responsible for further strengthening the solid base that has already been laid out. To further support the quick growth of our business towards the future, the design and implementation of new systems is needed. This will allow us to bring new techniques and technologies to the trading floor. You will have the opportunity to pioneer and innovate on a global scale. Your tasks in a nutshell are:
• Gathering requirements, understand the business and define solutions based on user needs;
• Translate the requirements and solutions for the IT department;
• Liaise with all stakeholders and coordinate between internal departments and external parties;
• Performing functional testing to ensure requirements are met;
• Communicating well with business people in sales, finance and HR roles, and helping turn their business requirements into functional solutions;
• Align on priorities with the business and order project backlogs accordingly;
• Spot dependencies in projects and ensure they are resolved;
• Become the functional knowledge expert on our CRM/ERP systems.
Who you are:.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Business Analyst position;
- Experience with IT systems; CRM, ERP and trading tools;
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in IT & Business or equivalent;
- Experience in Finance, Accounting & Back-office processes
- Skilled stakeholder manager and excellent communicator in English, with the ability of conveying information to users with various levels of expertise;
- Analytical skills to figure out the needs of the business.
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Navision;
- Project Management & coordination skills;
- Lean six sigma green/black belt.
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme;
- Business- and communication-related trainings;
- Relocation budget (when applicable);
- Exciting quarterly target incentives;
- Kickboxing and football;
- In-house Life Coach.
Seeing a flawless sequence of trades makes me smile
Room to keep improving
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.