More about the job
Who we are:
At ACT Commodities we trade environmental products and help our clients reach their environmental and sustainability objectives through trading products such as carbon offsets, environmental certificates, biofuels and many others. We help our clients maximize their profits whilst reducing risk by utilizing our knowledge and network. We are an energetic company with 200+ ambitious team members from all over the world, working in an open environment where no day is the same.
What you will do:
Compliance plays an integral role in managing the implementation, adherence to, and enforcement of policies at ACT and regulations from governments, regulators, and exchanges/trading platforms. This position offers profound exposure to a variety of regulatory areas. You will work with our traders and stay informed and up to date on relevant regulations, such as the Commodity Exchange Act, the Clean Air Act, and the Environmental Protection Agency (“EPA”) to ensure constant compliance within ACT. As a Compliance Analyst, you will be part of our Global Compliance Department. You will have flexibility, trust, and responsibility from the start, as well as an opportunity to take charge of specific projects. You will be a part of a growing company in a dynamic environment, where you get to make an impact in helping shape your own department.
In summary, you will:
- Act as US compliance subject matter expert and own compliance with current laws, regulations, and applicable market rules
- Review regulatory developments and assist in implementing procedures to ensure platform compliance with all applicable rules and regulations to become a more proactive compliance team
- Own the implementation and execution of an internal compliance monitoring system
- Prepare and review of policies and procedures; analyze new and existing rules and regulations, and update or implement compliance procedures
- Implement and maintain compliance programs & control frameworks relevant to regulatory risks and requirements
- Own and improve the process around external data reporting & audit requirements for various environmental registries (i.e. EPA, CARB, etc.)
- Prepare for and respond to regulatory inquiries and examinations; assist legal team with other matters or projects
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Pre-Law, Business Economics or related field
- 3-6 years’ experience working in Compliance
- Understanding of Commodity Exchange Act & FINRA regulations,
- It’s a plus: understanding of the Clean Air Act and the Environmental Protection Agency (“EPA”) regulations
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to adapt in an ever-changing environment
- Proactive with a self-starter mentality
- Experience with a fast-growing and global company
- Understanding of commodity products, including derivatives
- Proficient with stakeholder management
Peak efficiency is when we’re all in it together
Playing at the top of my game
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of talented colleagues from over 30 countries. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!