More about the job
More about the job
The past 10 years ACT has made an incredible impact on enabling the energy transition, facilitating the transformation of the global energy sector from fossil-based to zero-carbon by the second half of this century. We support clients on their sustainability journeys by helping them procure environmental products, set ambitious targets and reach these goals. Along the route we ensure clients have a smooth transaction and reliable delivery.
In a perfect world, the impact of our work and the added value we provide for clients navigating this field would speak for itself. Content is king however and compelling storytelling is the future. We want all the marketing content created to reflect our thought leadership and plan to take content creation to the next level by expanding the marketing team with an inhouse copywriter.
What you will do
You will give a voice to our company and are responsible for conceptualising and writing compelling content to support our marketing efforts and position us further as an industry leader. You will cover a range of channels varying from websites, to pitch decks, educational blog posts and white papers. You will collaborate with a large variety of internal stakeholders (such as sales, R&D, HR and our own graphic design team) throughout our offices in Amsterdam and New York.
You're our ideal candidate if:
- You possess ultimate knowledge and awareness of the English language - native or native level - we are ready to consider candidates with different years of experience but language skills and desire to learn are essential;
- You have 3 -5 years of working experience as a copywriter preferably inhouse, at an agency or freelance (please, provide the samples in your application);
- It is an advantage if you are familiar with the industry we operate in and have experience writing in the sustainability, environmental, green energy industry or a related field;
- You can produce quality content from scratch as well as based on briefs or input written by others;
- You can process large amounts of information and can get in depth quickly when it comes to difficult subjects and topics;
- You combine creativity with critical thinking; your analytical skills enable you to make sense of content and sales strategies;
- Your interpersonal skills enable you to ask the right questions to get the information from people;
- You understand that environmental copywriting can be challenging as content must display just the right amount of technical knowledge and emotional persuasion. You ideally faced similar challenges in your previous working experience;
- You understand that storytelling and communicating on impact must be nuanced and accessible for a broad audience;
- You have a proven ability to tackle the same topic from a variety of angles and can produce alts for internal reviews and A/B tests like ABC;
- You are able to connect and build relationships;
- You are creative, upbeat, energetic, independent and trustworthy;
- You can always make a case for your copy, rationalising your choices and considerations to win people over with your words;
- Passion for environmental issues and understanding of sustainability, CSR, and related topics.
We would like to see an example of your portfolio in addition to a short motivation why this is the role that suits you!
There’s always room to improve
Seeing a flawless sequence of trades makes me smile
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.