More about the job
We are looking for an experienced copywriter to join ACT’s global marketing team and help us tell our story across internal and external channels across the world.
Over the past ten years, ACT has supported clients on their sustainability journeys and enabled the energy transition toward net-zero on a broader scale. In a perfect world, the impact of our work and the added value we provide for our clients and partners navigating this market would speak for itself. However, creative and compelling content remains essential and good storytelling is what will make us stand apart. We want our marketing content to reflect our thought leadership and plan to take our content creation to new heights.
Who we are
ACT is the world’s leading provider of market-based sustainability solutions. As enablers of the global energy transition, we help organizations hit their climate targets, no matter how ambitious. Since founding in 2009, we have become a trusted brand in high-impact climate projects, green electricity markets, renewable energies and energy efficiency, emission allowances and carbon offsetting. We offer tailor-made solutions backed up by unparalleled market knowledge from our global offices in Amsterdam, New York City, Shanghai and Paris. In shaping environmental markets, ACT enables its partners to pursue sustainable futures and make the world #BetterTogether.
Where you come in
As our Copywriter, you will join our growing global marketing team based in our Amsterdam headquarters and collaborate extensively with our current copywriter. You will be responsible for supporting the brand via clean, creative and compelling writing and for heightening our storytelling capabilities. In this role, you will collaborate with the team to produce materials to bolster our marketing efforts and further position ourselves as an industry leader. You will produce websites, pitch decks, blogs, white papers, product brochures and a whole lot more.
As a member of a marketing team that serves local and global audiences, you will bring drive and passion for writing, editing and content strategy. You have a knack for adopting the specific voice of a brand to actively engage people within ACTs community and across global channels. As the market is constantly changing – it is directly affected by climate change and related regulations and practices – you will also commit to being up to date on the latest developments and trends.
- Write and edit engaging, informed and polished copy to support our marketing efforts and strategies
- Write and edit copy across many channels and formats, including websites, blogs, product brochures and descriptions, pitch decks, internal updates, vacancies and social media posts (to name even a few)
- Collaborate with the global marketing team to augment overall quality of marketing and branding materials
- Partner with internal (and sometimes external) stakeholders to source stories and product content based on those narratives
- Analyze the impact of your copy and content on an ongoing basis with the rest of the team
- Deliver consistent quality based on ACT standards and guidelines, while also working to improve these benchmarks
What we are looking for
- 3-5 years of experience as a professional copywriter and/or editor (in-house or freelance)
- Native level of American English (or C2, with proven experience writing in the language)
- Experience producing content from scratch, as well as sourcing and translating briefs and input from stakeholders
- Passion for writing and editing – you should feel as driven writing an official quarterly report as you do writing a social post or product brochure
- Interest in topics including sustainability, environmental sciences, green energy, climate action, the UN sustainable development goals, the Science Based Target initiative and related
- Ability to process complex industry information and find the red thread of the story
- Strong analytical skills to help produce content based on sales strategies
- Strong communication skills and the independent drive to ask questions and get the information you need
- Experience tackling the same topic from several angles and receiving and incorporating feedback from many stakeholders
- Ability to connect and build collaborative relationships
What we offer
You will work with an international Marketing team situated at ACT’s flagship Amsterdam office in the brand new Atrium complex in Amsterdam Zuid. We offer competitive salaries and bonus packages and a comprehensive portfolio of incentive options. There are also many opportunities to develop and upskill (and learn Dutch if you are non-native) through our growing ACT Academy platform. The ACT work environment is fast-paced, collaborative and friendly – we all want to see one another succeed, and we support every chance we get. It is an adage you have heard before, but we do play as hard as we work, and we work quite hard. And we celebrate every success as a collective.
To apply, please send us your CV, a short motivation letter and examples of your work. The interview process will involve a creative assignment.
We look forward to meeting you.
There’s always room to improve
Seeing a flawless sequence of trades makes me smile
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.