More about the job
Who we are:
ACT Commodities is one of the world’s leading trading houses in the worldwide environmental commodity markets. Founded in 2009 as one of the first companies to pursue this market, we are now one of the largest specialist firms for trading carbon emissions, biofuels, renewable energy, and energy efficiency. This is complemented with widespread activity in the oil and petroleum markets, which expand our scope covering the intertwined world of energy and fuel commodities. ACT operates in Amsterdam, New York, Shanghai, and Paris.
What you'll do:
- Provide administrative and strategic support to the North American CEO and Head of Finance
- Expertly manage day-to-day scheduling, coordination, and meeting logistics, providing best in class support throughout back-to-back days; often with little oversight and making judgements based on known priorities of the executives and the business
- Develop critical content including agendas, PowerPoint presentations, Excel reports, and other relevant corporate documents
- Manage domestic and international travel and itineraries to ensure the executives comfort and timeliness
- Create and distribute correspondence to office employees, board members, and external parties
- Brief and prepare executives for important meetings such as Townhalls, Board Meetings, Client Visits and Conferences in partnership with internal stakeholders
- Anticipate needs and identify problems proactively, looking around corners for solutions and leveraging existing resources in problem solving
- Partner with the HR/Recruitment for on-boarding and off-boarding activities for team members
- Routinely engage with external stakeholders in person, by email, and by phone
Who you are:
- High level of discretion and maturity is a must
- Handle ambiguous situations and constant change with confidence
- Extraordinary organizational skills, and experience managing the challenges of supporting a growing team with diverse personalities and a dynamic workflow
- Unparalleled verbal and written communication
- Ability to find solutions with minimal direction
- Ability to prioritize and shift gears effectively in a fast-paced environment, high growth start up
- 3-5 years of experience in an executive or admin assistant position ideally supporting C-Suite
ACT Commodities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at ACT Commodities, Inc. are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, family or parental status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Peak efficiency is when we’re all in it together
Seeing a flawless sequence of trades makes me smile
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of talented colleagues from over 30 countries. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!