More about the job
Since 2009, ACT Commodities has been helping businesses around the world buy and sell environmental commodities for compliance and voluntary purposes. We lead the way by trading a uniquely comprehensive product choice, supported with outstanding client service. Our broad scope in certificates is complemented with a wide range of physical (bio)fuels and feedstocks. The success of ACT lies in collaboration. It’s all about getting things done together.
In November 2020 we will relocate to a spacious new office in the heart of Amsterdam’s financial district – Zuidas. This is an exciting moment for our company, as it marks the start of a new chapter allowing for further growth and development. However, with a bigger office come bigger challenges as well, especially during today’s climate. And we need you to help make this transition smooth for our 200+ international employees!
What you will do:
As a Facility Manager you will make sure everything is running at the highest standard by providing leadership and setting direction for the management of all facilities, services, and assets. This includes hospitality areas such as reception, workplace management, purchasing management, safety and security, food and beverage, maintenance, and property management. You will report directly to our CHRO and coordinate the Facilities team, consisting of internal and external employees.
- Creating a coordinated Facilities strategic plan;
- Ensuring the development of a secure, aesthetically pleasing, functional and productive work place that furthers our business goals;
- Developing global and regional strategies for environmental sustainability and cost efficiency;
- Holding a key leadership role regarding 24/7 security, crisis and emergency management;
- Updating our current ticketing system to allow for company growth;
- Procurement and contract and contact management of externally sourced services, e.g. reception, security, cleaning, etc.;
- Solving complex problems independently through adequate analysis of facts and the interests of different stakeholders, while having the long-term organizational goals in mind;
- Upcoming project: replacement of access control system to accomplish integration in our IT network.
Who you are:
You are able to work independently with significant impact on the assigned work area. Constant improvement of the processes is part of the job. You are able to adapt your communication style to your audience in order to achieve strong alignment between relevant stakeholders.
- At least HBO graduate with a preference for a study in Facility Management;
- At least 8+ years of successful experience within Facility Services, including Management experience;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work without the risk of quality deterioration;
- Service-oriented personality, always ready to assist when needed;
- Structured and detailed way of thinking and working;
- Fluent in English;
- Persuasive and diplomatic stakeholder manager;
- Experience with implementation of Servicedesk tools is a plus.
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration and discretionary performance bonus;
- Collective health insurance discount;
- Corporate pension plan;
- 25 vacation days per calendar year;
- NS Business card (depending on your residence);
- Target incentives (company weekend, themed dinners, gifts);
- Company training for communication and personal development;
- In-house Life Coach.
Room to keep improving
Playing at the top of my game
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.