More about the job
The Financial Controller is responsible for accounting and control of the group holding entities. You are part of the group control team and as such assists in several group control relating tasks such as monthly closing, reporting and forecasting, including treasury. This concerns a role with an international scope and you will report to the Group Controller and the FP&A Manager.
Broad finance, accounting and control related responsibilities in a growing group control department.
- Assist with day to day accounting activities of holding entities;
- Arrange for payment of invoices of holding entities;
- Assist with incorporation of newly created group entities;
- Assist with VAT control of Group and annual CIT return (in conjunction with tax advisor);
- Assist with analyzing monthly submission of local group entities and liaise with local accountants on any queries coming from the monthly submission of local entities results; if necessary perform more detailed analysis for complete understanding and/or proposed adjustments;
- Assist with intragroup recharges and intercompany reconciliations on monthly basis. Liaise with local finance teams and or operations/business for solving mismatch in positions;
- Assist with monthly consolidation/management reporting of group results;
- Provide additional analysis and KPIs to translate financial figures to top management
- Assist in specific group control projects such implementation of group consolidation and forecasting software;
- In a later phase, (assist with) maintaining Group accounting manual and group accounting instructions;
- Propose and execute efficiency initiatives relating to accounting and reporting methodologies and processes.
- Assist with Global CoA Management
- Assist with preparation of group financial statements and related audit.
- At least 3 years of experience within Finance/Accounting.
- BSC/MsC degree in finance and/or accounting
- Working knowledge of MS office
- Experience with MS dynamics is an advantage, including use of Jet reports
- Accelerates in an environment which does not always have clear guidelines and procedures;
- Energetic, stress resilient, pro-active, positive and likes to be part of a young and growing company.
Room to keep improving
Seeing a flawless sequence of trades makes me smile
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
ACT’s growth strategy in physical environmental commodities is a perfect fit with my Logistics and Operations experience and my passion for renewable energy. What I really like about my work is the continuously changing environment and working with customers to create solutions so that they can keep their plants running.
ACT cares about training their employees and ensuring that they are reaching their potential. They go the extra mile to give me the tools I need to be successful. And when we are successful, everybody is part of the celebration. I can’t think of a better place to work hard and play hard. Last but not least, I get to experience NY with a group of coworkers who are also good friends.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!