More about the job
At ACT Commodities we trade environmental products and help our clients reach their environmental and sustainability objectives through trading products such as carbon offsets, environmental certificates, biofuels and many others. We do this by utilizing our knowledge and network. We are a young-minded company with 200+ ambitious people from all over the world, all working in an open environment where no day is the same.
What you will do:
We are looking for a talented Financial Controller who thrives in an international, dynamic environment. You will be part of the Finance team, with a focus on the (Bio)Fuels Trading desk. You report to the Financial Director, and work closely with the traders, as well as our Logistics and Finance colleagues. To do that successfully, you need to be assertive and decisive, have a service-minded attitude and an energetic personality.
As the Financial Controller you will have accounting & reporting responsibilities for your respective business entities; ranging from the month-end close, preparation and processing of memo postings, control of the Balance Sheet (checks, accruals, provisions, reconciliations) and P&L, to the preparation of the financial reporting packs as well as the preparation and filing of VAT, tax and statutory accounts.
You will be involved in projects and actively contribute in implementing and improving of reporting, accounting and financial controls (i.e. R2R and P2P processes, Accounting Guidelines, Internal Control processes, Audit process).
- Ensure and monitor proper accounting concepts within end-to-end processes;
- Analyze and review of the Balance Sheet and P&L;
- Ensure accurate and timely VAT reconciliations and declarations to tax authorities;
- Control balance sheet (checks, accruals, provisions, reconciliation).
- Prepare management report dashboards with in depth analysis.
- Ensure month- and year-end closing according to applicable deadlines;
- Ensure reliable, timely and complete financial reporting packs;
- Prepare compliance towards legal entity and statutory requirements;
- Co-develop policies and procedures within financial control;
- Perform financial control processes and assist in improvements;
- Contribute to an efficient and effective audit process and be one of the main contact persons during the external audit.
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, or related studies;
- At least 4 years’ experience with financial control and accounting;
- Experience within a Big 4 or commodity trading firm is a plus;
- Experience with custom clearance, shipping, and related VAT issues is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch;
- Knowledge of and experience with IFRS;
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a plus;
- Proven ability of working with different stakeholders in an international environment.
What we offer:
- An in-house position in a fast growing organization;
- Being part of an ambitious international team of dynamic young professionals;
- Innovative environment where personal and professional development is key;
- Competitive remuneration, corporate pension and bonus schemes;
- Business- and communication-related trainings;
- Relocation budget and NS Business Card (when applicable);
- Exciting quarterly target incentives;
- In-house Life Coach.
Room to keep improving
Becoming the best I can be
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.