More about the job
*Requirement: extensive experience in Biofuels
As Financial Director for ACT Fuels you are part of the Management Team of the Business Unit, assuming end responsibility for all financial topics. You will lead and organize the entire financial administrative and management information to gain insights and therefore facilitate strategic decision making by projecting and measuring relevant financial and operational KPI’s, taking risk / return considerations into account. Furthermore you will coordinate between the different departments to further develop straight through automated information flows. When it comes to new opportunities in the market, you will act as a Business Partner.
What’s most characteristic for the Financial Director role within ACT’s new organizational environment is the close connection to the business. As Financial Director you will report to the (Global) CFO and have a dotted line to the Managing Director Fuels.
The focus of this role is taking ownership and accountability of the Business Unit Fuels. This means further establishing full control of the trade cycle.
Objectives and challenges
Building a financially independent Business Unit is the main objective. The team supporting the FD will benefit from professional guidance and get inspired to become best in class. The BU finance team focuses mainly on reporting, analysing and forecasting KPIs such as gross margin, EBITDA and working capital. In addition, in close cooperation with the BU leadership areas are identified to improve overall business performance, against the background of a solid control framework.
- Final responsibility for financial reporting, including planning cycle and performance analysis;
- Managing the Operations, Financial Control and FP&A team of professionals;
- Support in achieving the growth objectives through a sound process set up, including systems and impact on organization structure, tax, legal and working capital needs;
- Business Partner of the BU Fuels regarding New Business Development initiatives;
- You work closely with the Finance Manager of the Shared Service Centre.
- Completed Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting and 7+ years’ experience in (senior) finance roles;
- Understanding of IFRS Fair Value accounting;
- Extensive experience in setting up frameworks that create measurable business objectives and unlock actual insight into business progress compared to targets;
- Experience in the commodity and oil business ideally within an international, multicultural company;
- Deep understanding of the physical products, biodiesel and feedstocks;
- Knowledge of the Sustainability Certificates of the physical products;
- Knowledge of the logistics process;
- Experience with a fast growing and global, multicultural company;
- Hands on, ambitious and stress resistant;
- Great leadership, planning and organizing skills;
- Experience in managing finance, operations and FP&A teams;
- Fluent in English.
Peak efficiency is when we’re all in it together
Room to keep improving
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.