More about the job
Who we are:
ACT Commodities is one of the world’s leading trading houses in the worldwide environmental commodity markets. Founded in 2009 as one of the first companies to pursue this market, we are now one of the largest specialist firms for trading carbon emissions, biofuels, renewable energy, and energy efficiency. This is complemented with widespread activity in the oil and petroleum markets, which expand our scope covering the intertwined world of energy and fuel commodities. ACT operates in Amsterdam, New York, Shanghai, and Paris.
What you’ll do:
- Provide FP&A support to the accounting teams related to productivity, demand planning, reporting, and metrics in a timely manner
- Partner directly with the finance team and central FP&A groups to collaborate on metrics, goals, and business reviews for the US entities
- Dive deeply into financial and market data and become a subject matter expert to provide additional insights
- Create presentations that provide insightful analysis, identify required action items, and effectively frame decisions
- Identify and research variances to forecast, budget, and prior-year results, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization
- Analyze the trends of Key Performance Indicators (KPI), especially relating to financial metrics such as sales and profit margin
- Monitor KPIs, and identify the causes of variances
- Implement business intelligence and dashboard reports
- Develop and continually improve budgeting, financial projections, and operating forecast
- Ad-hoc business performance reporting
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience in FP&A, analysis, or relevant role
- Experience analyzing data and generating key insights and decision-making recommendations
- Data analysis and financial modeling capabilities
- Advanced Excel skills
- Motivated and willing to manage multiple responsibilities & deadlines, and an innovative problem solver
- Adaptable to fast-moving environments with a can-do attitude
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Peak efficiency is when we’re all in it together
Playing at the top of my game
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of talented colleagues from over 30 countries. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!