More about the job
Do you want to be a FP&A Analyst in a fast growing company where you have the opportunity to shape your environment, and provide valuable analysis and insights directly to the FD & MD? By working for ACT Fuels you will be part of a tightly-knit young team with a wide range of backgrounds and nationalities. ACT Fuels trades in physical fuels (with a focus on bio), as well as energy and renewable fuel certificates.
We are looking for a confident, talented and entrepreneurial FP&A Analyst, somebody who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment. The candidate shows intellectual and strategic curiosity, but also has the ability to turn around reports quickly under pressure. Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently are a must, the candidate needs to be able to grasp who the audience is and adapt deliverables accordingly. Clear and concise for some stakeholders, detailed and granular for others. You report to the FD, while working very closely with the Finance Team (Controllers & Accountants) and Group FP&A. You will also be co-ordinating and working together with the Group finance and Treasury team with respect to Group finance deliverables.
- Support strategic decision making & business development (organic & inorganic) through business cases & product/market analysis;
- Development and ownership of Annual Budget & Long-Term Strategic Plan for the P&L, Balance Sheet & Cash-Flow;
- Management reporting incl. variance analysis of actuals vs. budget/forecast, & commercial/operational KPI's;
- Regularly updating forecasted figures for the quarter, both for the Income Statement & Cash-Flow;
- Improvement projects in the field of Business Intelligence & Reporting;
- Drive insight for key performance indicators such as revenue, gross margin & EBITDA;
- Investigate the profitability & ROI of current products, understand relevant market trends & the potential impact on business;
- Several ad hoc reporting upon request in relation to (e.g.) expected profitability for the month/quarter to go.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accountancy; Master’s degree in Business Administration and Economics is preferred;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in finance, preferably in financial reporting and planning roles;
- Experience within trading, logistics, and renewable energy industry is a plus;
- Ability to understand complex business cases and communicate effectively at all levels & articulate ideas, financial results & actionable recommendations (English);
- Willingness to “do what it takes” to get the job done;
- Hands on, ambitious and analytical with good problem solving skills;
- Advanced proficiency in Excel;
- Ability to work autonomously, challenge current ideas & process, take initiative, and manage projects;
- Ability to work in fast paced, dynamic setting with tight deadlines, and ad hoc analysis requests;
- Proven ability to be a business partner, with strong business acumen;
- Proven ability of working with different stakeholders & having international exposure;
- Mature individual with significant personal presence & credibility.
What we offer:
- International working environment with more than 40 nationalities
- Being part of a big Finance team of experienced professionals
- Competitive remuneration & discretionary performance bonus
- Collective health insurance discount & corporate pension scheme
- 25 vacation days per calendar year
- NS Business card (depending on your residence)
- Target incentives (company weekend, themed dinners, gifts)
- Kickboxing & football
- Company trainings for communication & personal development
- In-house Life Coach
Happiness means succes
Making an impact
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.