More about the job
Do you want to be a FP&A Manager in a fast growing start-up where you get the opportunity to shape your environment and have an all-round view and direct access to business related matters? By working for ACT Financial Solutions you will be part of a tightly-knit young team with a wide range of backgrounds and nationalities.
ACT Financial Solutions is a fully licensed investment firm established in January 2018, as a result of ACT Commodities wishing to enter the regulated market of Carbon Emissions Certificates. ACT Financial Solutions performs investment services and activities in Commodities, Energy-Derivatives, and Emission Allowances.
We are looking for a talented, strong and analytical FP&A Manager who thrives in an international, dynamic environment. Somebody with intellectual & strategic curiosity and the capacity to think out of the box. Who is able to create actionable insights using technology, unlocking the potential of the data that we have. Somebody who can see the big picture, though different cross sections, reaches sound conclusions and actionable recommendations. And who, as a person, can get the point across. You report to the Business Unit FD, work closely together with Risk, R&D and your Finance colleagues and are the business partner for Commercial Management.
- Support strategic decision making & business development through business cases and product/market analysis;
- Management reporting incl. variance analysis of actuals vs. budget/forecast and commercial & operational KPI's;
- Business partner for Finance Director, Managing Director, Commercial Managers, Risk and R&D;
- Improvement projects mainly in the field of Business Intelligence & Reporting;
- Drive insight in key performance indicators such as revenue, gross margin and EBITDA;
- Investigate the profitability & ROI of current products, understand relevant market trends and the potential impact on business;
- Master degree in Finance, Economics or Accountancy;
- 4-8 years of experience in FP&A, as a business analyst or business controller;
- Knowledge of Derivitatives/hedging
- Strong Excel skills and experience with BI Tooling;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Able to work in fast paced, dynamic setting with tight deadlines and ad hoc requests;
- Proven ability to be a business partner, at the same time challenging current ideas & processes;
- Proven ability of working with different stakeholders and having international exposure;
- Mature individual with significant personal presence and credibility;
- Grounded, approachable personality, critical yet constructive and positive approach.
Room to keep improving
Seeing a flawless sequence of trades makes me smile
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.