More about the job
The Fuel Compliance Regulatory will partner with the renewable fuels trading desk in markets regulated by agencies such as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the California Air Resources Board (CARB), and the Oregon Clean Fuels Program (OCFP). The role will have ownership over RIN, LCFS, and OCFP generation, verification, audits, and reporting.
- Lead RIN generation for Renewable Natural Gas (RNG), which includes but is not limited to reviewing injection statements, gas chromatographs, dispensing statements, and utility bills.
- Manage relationships with consultants handing the Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) verification process and RIN attestations
- Lead LCFS/OCFP generation practices for biodiesel and RNG (CNG and LNG)
- Create LCFS/OCFP Compliance Monitoring Plans for RNG pathways and Quarterly Transactions and cooperate with third-party consultants during pathway validation
- Manage all monthly/quarterly/annual reporting related to transactions, fuel pathways, and attestations for relevant internal stakeholders, auditors, and regulatory boards
- Adhere to California Alternative Diesel Fuel Regulation and organize state motor fuel licensing methodologies
- Communicate scientific, technical, or regulatory information both verbally and written to relevant internal and external stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Recommend and complete proper application of standards and regulations on projects, policies, strategies, or codes of practice as needed
- Lead compliance assessments for new products throughout the environmental commodities marketplace
- Preferred awareness and familiarity with CA GREET, GHGenius, ISCC modeling is an added bonus. As well as experience with reporting responsibilities for physical fuels trading in Canada.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Expert on the relevant regulation
- 3+ years of experience related to RIN, LCFS, OCFP generation, verification, compliance, auditing or reporting
- Independent, detail-orientated, strong organizational and communication skills
ACT Commodities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at ACT Commodities, Inc. are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, family or parental status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Room to keep improving
Becoming the best I can be
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of talented colleagues from over 30 countries. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!