More about the job
Who we are:
At ACT Commodities we trade environmental products and help our clients reach their environmental and sustainability objectives through trading products such as carbon offsets, environmental certificates and many others. We help our clients maximize their profits whilst reducing risk by utilizing our knowledge and network. We are a young-minded company with 200+ ambitious people from all over the world, all working in an open environment where no day is ever the same.
What you’ll do:
The Group Controller will be part of the Finance leadership team of ACT Commodities Group, a Sales & Trading company with an international product and client portfolio operating out of Europe, USA and China.
ACT Commodities Group (HR & IT driven organisation) is a double-digit growth company, with a strong focus on business development and organic growth. This makes it a very dynamic, fast pace & international environment, which reflects in the job as well. The Group Controller is responsible for Internal and External stakeholders, Financial Reporting, Internal Control & Tax on Group level. By providing Accounting & Reporting services, supporting a strong compliance framework, and effective governance to enable entrepreneurship and safeguard our operating entities.
- Manage the Group Control process, functional line with the Financial Directors of all entities.
- Project management, IFRS, Performance Management Tooling, ERP migration, Business Development
- Ensure training and knowledge development of internal stakeholders
- Maintain the FRM Framework in consultation with Compliance
- Group Consolidation and Reporting (approx. 10 legal entities)
- Tax Planning, drafting of position papers together with advisors
- Manage analysis and review of the Balance Sheet and P&L
- Manage balance sheet controls (checks, accruals, provisions, reconciliation) on Group Companies
- Manage the month- and year-end closing according to applicable deadlines for the Group
- Ensure reliable, timely and complete financial group control reports and annual accounts in accordance with applicable Accounting principles (conversion NL GAAP to IFRS/Fair Value
- Implementation of Reporting & Consolidation tooling (Anaplan / Digetic)
- Ensure compliance towards legal entity requirements
- Ensure compliance towards applicable statutory regulations
- Ensure and co-develop the Internal Control System and its related policies and procedures for the Group
- Develop and maintain accounting policy and group chart of accounts
- Responsible for audit planning and engagement
- Overall coordination of Audit process
- Alignment with business stakeholders (e.g. Heads of Finance, Legal, HR, Board)
- Alignment with business partners, shareholders
- Chartered Accountant (RA, ACCA, CPA)
- At least 10 years’ experience and achieved success within financial control and accounting
- Experience in a Big 4 firm
- A ‘hands on’ work style, comfortable with the detail, and able to move seamlessly between tactical and strategic issues as required
- A finance professional, able to operate at senior level (internal and external) on financial issues and also in related commercial, strategic and organizational matters
- Ability to manage people, activities and processes towards strict deadlines
- Excellent knowledge and use of English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of and experience with NL GAAP, IFRS and fair value accounting
- IT system experience (implementation and/ or improvement)
- Experience in the commodity trading industry is a big plus
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme;
- Business- and communication-related trainings;
- Relocation budget (when applicable);
- Exciting quarterly target incentives;
- Kickboxing and football;
- In-house Life Coach.
Happiness means succes
Making an impact
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.