More about the job
At ACT Commodities we trade environmental products and help our clients reach their environmental and sustainability objectives through trading products such as carbon offsets, environmental certificates, biofuels and many others. We do this by utilizing our knowledge and network. We are a young-minded company with 200+ ambitious people from all over the world, all working in an open environment where no day is the same.
What you will do:
We are looking for a talented Senior Financial Controller who thrives in an international, dynamic environment. You will be part of the ACT Commodities Group Control Team. You report to the Group Controller and work closely with the finance team in all the other entities. To do that successfully, you need to be assertive and decisive, have a service-minded attitude and an energetic personality.
Together with the Group Controller, you are responsible for Internal and External stakeholders, Financial Reporting, Internal Control & Tax on Group level.
- Group Consolidation and Reporting (approx. 10 legal entities)
- Analyze and review of the Balance Sheet and P&L;
- Tax Planning, drafting of position papers together with advisors
- Ensure accurate and timely CIT calculations and declarations to tax authorities;
- Control balance sheet (checks, accruals, provisions, reconciliation) on Group Companies.
- Ensure month- and year-end closing according to applicable deadlines for the Group;
- Ensure reliable, timely and complete financial reporting packs;
- Prepare compliance towards legal entity and statutory requirements;
- Co-develop policies and procedures within financial control;
- Perform financial control processes and assist in improvements;
- Contribute to an efficient and effective audit process.
- Assistance with audit planning and engagement
- Assist coordination of Audit process
- Chartered Accountant(RA, ACCA, CPA);
- At least 5 years’ experience with financial control and accounting at a group level;
- Experience within a Big 4 and in a corporate organization;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- A ‘hands on’ work style, comfortable with understanding the big picture while being able to dive into detail.
- Knowledge of and experience with IFRS;
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a plus;
- Proven ability of working with different stakeholders in an international environment.
What we offer:
- An in-house position in a fast growing organization;
- Being part of an ambitious international team of dynamic young professionals;
- Innovative environment where personal and professional development is key;
- Competitive remuneration, corporate pension and bonus schemes;
- Business- and communication-related training;
- Relocation budget and NS Business Card (when applicable);
- Exciting quarterly target incentives;
- In-house Life Coach.
Room to keep improving
Becoming the best I can be
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.