More about the job
Who we are:
At ACT Commodities we trade environmental products and help our clients reach their environmental and sustainability objectives through trading products such as carbon offsets, environmental certificates and many others. We help our clients maximize their profits whilst reducing risk by utilizing our knowledge and network. We are a young-minded company with 170+ ambitious people from all over the world, all working in an open environment where no day is ever the same.
What you’ll do:
The Head of Cyber Security is an executive role that oversees the protection of company and customer data, as well as the protection of infrastructure and assets from malicious actors. In this role, you are responsible for defining the information security policy, based on a risk management approach and taking into account the information security threat assessment, trends and organizational needs.
You will set up the information security organization, determine the resources required for this and deploy them on concrete security measures. You will also initiate, coordinate and supervise the implementation of information security for the entire organization. Thus, ensuring an appropriate level of information security and information security behaviour in the organization, based on the needs and risk appetite of ACT Commodities. As the Head of Cyber security, you will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and you are considered the expert in information security.
Your Responsibilities :
- Drafting, adjusting, renewing and revising the information security policy and the resulting plans
- Setting up the information security organization
- Alignment of information security with other security domains
- Ensuring compliance with information security requirements
- Promote information security awareness across the organization
- Advising and guiding information risk analyses
- Conducting information security assessments
- Ensures that the organization is sufficiently prepared for future information security risks and IT security risks
- Coordinating and advising on handling security incidents
Your Core Tasks:
- Defines the information security policy for the organization
- Organizes information security and the required expertise within the organization
- Ensures alignment between information security with other security domains, including privacy protection, physical security and continuity management
- Initiates and coordinates organization-wide information security activities and -projects
- Provides organization-wide guidelines, standards, methods and techniques information security
- Contributes to the Service Level Agreements
- Contributes to the risk management policy, monitoring the relevant risks for the organization
- Monitors and ensures the quality of information risk analyses, security designs and solutions
- Monitors and safeguards information security awareness within the organization
- Set up an information security emergency organization
- Coordinates response to serious information security or ICT incidents
- Monitors to which extent the organization is compliant with the information security policy, legislation and regulations based on assessments, tests, reviews and audits is compliant with the information security policy and legislation and regulations
- Monitors and safeguards the quality of information security assessments
- Informs board and management about the status of information security and incidents and presents proposals for improvement
- Being able to explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Communication and presentation skills on both C-level and lower management
- Policy development and administration skills
- Knowledge about government (e.g. relevant legislation both current and incoming)
- Collaboration expertise
- Financial, planning and strategic management skills
- Supervisory and incident management skills
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme;
- Exciting quarterly target incentives;
- Kickboxing and football;
- In-house Life Coach.
I love efficiency
Room to keep improving
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.