More about the job
Who we are:
At ACT Commodities we trade environmental products. What does that mean? We help our clients reach their environmental and sustainability objectives through trading products such as carbon offsets (CERs and VERs), Green Certificates (electricity/gas), and many others. We help our clients maximize their profits whilst reducing risk by utilizing our knowledge and network.
In this position you will work together with the Trader(s) and (Quant) Analyst(s) and be involved in Portfolio Management and Trading Research.
- You will learn to understand the dynamics of the environmental commodity markets by working closely together with the Trader(s) and assisting them in their daily trading operations
- You will help analyzing data and market sentiment and collaborate with the Quant Analysts on research that leads to new trading ideas
- You will get aware of all active internal systems and trading policies
- A Master's degree (or about to graduate) in preferably a quantitative field for example in Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics or Computer Sciences
- Excellent numerical and problem solving / analytical skills.
- Strong interest in financial markets, demonstrated through attended courses at university and trading (work) experience
- Strong communication and team-working skills
- The eagerness to learn new skills, such as programming and researching to improve our existing trading strategies and find new strategies
- A proactive work approach
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Living in or able to move to Amsterdam
We are offering
- Full-time internship position with allowance and a duration of 3 to 6 months
- International oriented and dynamic work environment, with lots of opportunities to learn
- Working experience at a leading sales and trading organisation
- Enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team
- Exciting target incentives
- In-house Life Coach
Room to keep improving
Becoming the best I can be
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
We succeed together.
We offer you a transparent and good remuneration. You will receive a competitive salary, with the opportunity to make it even better with very attractive performance bonuses.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
I enjoy being highly independent while still being part of a team. I’ve never experienced a job where time flies this fast! Working at ACT means constantly thinking in order to stay one step ahead, considering what our clients’ needs will be before they have even thought about them themselves. I continue to learn a lot from ACT’s well-built relationships and strong business model. After a solid sales training, I got the opportunities to develop my own style. ACT’s philosophy incorporates investing in people. We invest well in our clients, but even more so in our traders. Personal and team development ranks high on our agenda.
At ACT you get the opportunity to start building your book of business, working with clients and closing trades from day one. You don’t have to wait until you’ve established a long career to be on the front lines like in many other financial firms. I got the autonomy to figure things out, but always get great support from Desk Managers and other Sales Traders. It’s a team effort.
The atmosphere is far better than any other job I’ve had. Both on a personal and professional level. New York is a real hub for success. It’s amazing how dynamic the city is and how it attracts the best of the best across so many fields and industries.
Within ACT you are responsible for building your own client portfolio whilst running your own shop. I consider sales trading as solving puzzles, connecting buyers and sellers at the right moment with the right product specifications. A career that allows me to be creative and entrepreneurial, this gives me a lot of energy. After a few years I am still excited to go to work every day.
I enjoy the opportunities we have for growth and our own informal way of doing business. We work hard and combine this with a lot of social activities with colleagues. If you are a people person, curious and have an entrepreneurial spirit, ACT offers you an open and dynamic business culture where new business ideas are welcomed and well rewarded.