More about the job
Who we are:
At ACT Fuels B.V. we trade various biofuels and renewable energy certificates. We help our clients maximize their profits whilst reducing risk by utilizing our knowledge and network. We are a young-minded company with 200+ ambitious people from all over the world, all working in an open environment where no day is the same.
What you'll do:
As an Accountant you will be part of the Finance & Operations team of ACT Fuels, working with an international product and client portfolio. This makes it a very diverse and challenging environment, which reflects in the job as well - this isn't a usual Accounting role. Because we are currently experiencing rapid growth in our scale-up phase, our departments are going through structural changes, as well as process improvements and new software implementations. You will get the chance to experience this new era of business at ACT, and have an impact by making your ideas heard. We want someone open-minded and eager to learn, someone who can think outside the box.
The team includes the Financial Director, two Financial Controllers, an FP&A Manager and three Accountants. You will be responsible for handling Accounts Payable and Receivable, which includes processing incoming invoices, outgoing invoices and bank statements, controlling related balances, and delivering related reports and analyses. Your goal is taking full ownership of the AP/AR process and skilfully managing relationships with the traders, logistics and the Treasury department, as well as having contact with clients when needed. In a nutshell your tasks will be:
- Ensuring accurate and timely registration and posting of customer and creditor invoices;
- Closely monitoring and following up on invoice approvals;
- Processing netting settlements (debtor/creditor);
- Executing the invoicing, confirmation and settlement process based on service level agreements (SLA) with other ACT Business Units;
- Reconciling intercompany positions;
- Processing bank statements;
- Be a main contact for AP/AR related matters (clients, logistics, treasury and front office);
- Responsible for AP, stock and AR transactions for specific product lines;
- Preparing various AP/AR reports;
- Assist with execution of financial audit requests;
- Reconciliation of subledger and GL positions;
- Performing GL account specifications;
- Analysis of cost and margin variances;
- Performing bank reconciliations;
- Performing other ad-hoc requests (e.g. responsible for deliverables relating to an internal project).
Who you are:
- University degree or vocational education in Accounting (Bachelor Accountancy preferred);
- 1-2 years’ experience working in Accounts Payable & Receivable;
- Excellent knowledge and use of English (written and spoken);
- Experience in international VAT treatment is a plus;
- Experience in Logistics is a plus;
- Experience working in Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a plus;
- Skilled stakeholder manager, working well under pressure;
- Self-starter mentality, good at working independently;
- Decisive, can prioritize and effectively manages time;
- Proactive and illustrates a focus on continuous process improvement;
- High attention to detail and ability to adapt to change/flexibility;
- Hardworking, diligently ensures task completion.
What we offer:
- An in-house position in a fast growing organization;
- Being part of an ambitious international team of dynamic young professionals;
- Innovative environment where personal and professional development is key;
- Competitive remuneration, corporate pension and bonus schemes;
- Business- and communication-related trainings;
- NS Business Card (when applicable);
- Exciting quarterly target incentives;
- In-house Life Coach.
Room to keep improving
Becoming the best I can be
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.