More about the job
Founded in 2009, ACT is now rapidly expanding, which translates into challenges on the technical and functional areas, making Business Intelligence a fast-paced, challenging environment to work in. You will get to use the latest technology to build systems that help make people's tasks easier, and in doing so you will have exposure to all our different department and lines of business. We of course provide you with training about our business processes and current systems, and third-party training are available on request for further professional development.
As a Junior Business Intelligence you will help build ACT's data backbone through gathering, structuring, and combining our data in order to create reports & dashboards and give in-depth insights into the business.
You will be actively participating in all scrum activities in BI and help the team to further improve the way of working. You will work together with the BI team to support most of the departments in the company and make sure they get immediate support. You will help on improving the Data Quality in the company by working together with business users and enriching the Data Quality Framework.
- Managing and further enriching the BI Data Warehouse;
- Creating and updating Power BI reports and dashboards;
- Integrating and transforming data from new source systems;
- Migrating reports from Excel and other legacy tools, to the Data Warehouse and Power BI platform;
- Building SQL Queries to identify and report data quality issues;
- Communicating well with business users and helping them turn their business requirements into desired output;
- Clear communication of insights and observations gleaned from BI data using reports and charts;
- IT & Business, Business Information Technology degree, or equivalent;
- Good knowledge of SQL, Relational and Dimensional Data Modeling;
- Able to write, execute and interpret SQL queries;
- Ability to design reports with Power BI or other Data visualization tools;
- Knowledge on Microsoft Azure or other Cloud Platforms is a plus;
- Experience with Git and building CI/CD Pipelines are a plus;
- Highly motivated, positive individual looking for opportunities to show your skills and learn new things;
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration, corporate pension and bonus schemes;
- Business- and communication-related trainings;
- Relocation budget and NS Business Card (when applicable);
- Exciting quarterly target incentives;
- In-house Life Coach.
Seeing a flawless sequence of trades makes me smile
Room to keep improving
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.