More about the job
- Assist the finance & operations team in providing timely and accurate completion of the deal process;
- Complete monthly bank statements and credit card statement reconciliation;
- Prepare journal entries and ensure that the general ledger activity is accurate and complete;
- Handle cash management and cash forecasting, including recording daily bank transactions and reconciliation;
- Administer employee expense report process ensuring accurate entry and supporting documentation;
- Own accounts payable; ensuring accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry;
- Own accounts receivable; receive and apply payments and process bank deposits;
- Generate customer invoices/remittances in accordance with contractual terms;
- Correspond with vendors regarding their accounts and resolving any invoice discrepancies;
- Partner with the Front office, Logistics, Group Treasury, Legal and external vendors to review contract provisions and payment terms;
- Work collaboratively with the financial operations team to reassess and propose new policies, processes and procedures; addressing evolving business needs;
- Support month-end and year-end close activities including the preparation of supporting schedules and workpapers;
- Ad hoc projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- 1-3 years of working experience in trade operations, accounting, or reporting
- Dynamic, “outside of the box” problem solver with a “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Highly self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly
- Takes ownership for decisions and is accountable for actions regardless of the outcome
- A mature professional with excellent judgment and interpersonal skills
ACT Commodities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at ACT Commodities, Inc. are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, family or parental status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Grow within your career
Be a part of an organization that values professional development
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of talented colleagues from over 30 countries. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
ACT’s growth strategy in physical environmental commodities is a perfect fit with my Logistics and Operations experience and my passion for renewable energy. What I really like about my work is the continuously changing environment and the opportunity to work with customers on creating logistics solutions.
ACT cares about training and ensuring everybody is reaching their potential. They go the extra mile to give me the tools I need to be successful. And when we are successful, everybody is part of it. Everyone from front office to back office is included in the celebrations. I can’t think of a better place to work hard and play hard. I get to experience NY with a group of coworkers who are also good friends.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.