More about the job
Ready for a dynamic and wide-ranging role with plenty of responsibility? You’ll be working closely with our Head of Finance and Group Treasurer. You’ll handle and own cash forecasting, management, and reconciliation on both sides, AR and AP. And you’ll gain insight into our entire business — from treasury to front, middle and back office.
At ACT, you will be challenged, but you are never on your own. From day one, you will experience our collaborative approach and camaraderie. You will get all the support you need to learn and thrive in an international environment with offices around the world.
Our personal development program includes ongoing support from colleagues with clear goals in mind. You will have ample opportunity to address challenges and find solutions that help you grow into your role and beyond.
- Assist Finance & Operations with completion of deal process
- Own accounts payable and receivable
- Handle cash management and forecasting, including daily bank transactions
- Partner with Front Office, Logistics, Group Treasury, Legal and external vendors
- Prepare journal entries and general ledger activity
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements
- Administer employee expense report process
- Generate customer invoices/remittances per contract terms
- Correspond with vendors to resolve invoice discrepancies
- Work collaboratively across teams to addressing evolving needs
- Support month-end and year-end close activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- 1-3 years’ experience in trading operations, accounting, or reporting
- Dynamic, curious, and highly motivated — an outside-the-box problem solver with a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality
- Decisionmaker accountable for your actions regardless of the outcome
- Mature professional with excellent judgment and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Unlike anywhere else
Exposure to the entire business
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of talented colleagues from over 30 countries. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!