More about the job
Junior Sustainability Compliance Analyst
Who we are:
As the world moves towards a more sustainable future, ACT Commodities capitalizes on this shift. Do you want to work in a fast-growing scale up alongside colleagues from all over the world, in an ever-changing industry. At ACT Commodities we trade environmental products and help our clients reach their environmental and sustainability objectives through trading products such as carbon offsets, environmental certificates, biofuels and many others. We help our clients maximize their profits whilst reducing risk by utilizing our knowledge and network. We are a young-minded company with 250+ ambitious people from all over the world, all working in an open environment where no day is the same. We are a ‘go for gold’ company and we’re looking for those who want to carve their path and make a difference.
As a Junior Sustainability Compliance Analyst you will be working together with our Fuels Trading desk in order to ensure proper compliance with sustainability standards, national and international regulations and prepare for audits, and you will report directly to the senior sustainability compliance officer. For this role, you are willing to go through a steep learning curve at the end of which you will have an all-round view of Sustainability Compliance at ACT. You will (with a strong focus on the quantitative aspect):
- Get to know the relevant regulatory framework
- Get to know the methodology of GHG calculation and verification
- Familiarize yourself with traceability and chain of custody requirements and mass balance accounting of sustainable material
- Develop an understanding of future fuels, their respective feedstocks and their place in powering our sustainable future
Who you are
- (Recent) Bachelor or Masters graduate of Environmental and Energy Management, Finance, Economics, Econometrics or another relevant study;
- Master in Excel;
- Experience with Python, SQL or BI are a plus;
- Intellectually curious and able to demonstrate structured problem solving and analytical skills;
- Fast on your feet and resistant to stress;
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English, additional languages are a plus;
- Independent and detail-oriented individual;
- Great organizational and communication skills;
- Skilled stakeholder manager able to diplomatically handle opposing ideas;
- Entrepreneurial mindset regarding new opportunities.
What you'll do:
- Together with the Sustainability Compliance Officer, maintain and monitor the mass balances.
- Create models, analyze to advise traders on their upcoming & pending deals;
- Review and improve the procedures and conduct risk assessments;
- Review and improve the control systems to ensure compliance with regulations;
- Liaise with our technology team to define requirements for systems.
Room to keep improving
Becoming the best I can be
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.