More about the job
ACT Commodities is a global commodity trading house located in the heart of the Amsterdam financial district. Our Fuels desk sources, blends and delivers physical commodities such as biofuels anywhere in the world. We have an extensive global network of sellers, buyers, and producers, which enables us to serve our large international client base with a broad spectrum of products.
What you’ll do:
As our business is growing we need new talented and motivated people to join our international team on the Fuels Trading Desk. You will learn all the ins and outs of the business and have the opportunity to help the desk grow and build your own portfolio of clients.
We will of course provide you with extensive training during your first months, from sales, to negotiation, communication and product training. This way you will develop all necessary skills to help your clients and have a high chance to succeed. Your tasks will be:
- Conducting market research and business development to find leads (cold calling);
- Assist in managing trade communication, decisions, and execution;
- Help clients find optimal solutions for their product and hedging needs;
- Performing follow-ups and having client meetings;
- Coordinating with support teams for settling deals;
- Staying up-to-date on industry news and looking for new trading opportunities;
- Contributing to the achievement of annual trading goals of the desk.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate is an ambitious person who wants to kickstart a successful career in trading. We are looking for a young professional with a great affinity for finance and sales, and preferably some industry experience. However, it is essential that you have an entrepreneurial mindset, are self-motivated to learn, and not afraid to fail and try again. Find below our requirements:
- Native speaker of Dutch, proficient in English plus an additional language;
- University degree, preferably Finance background;
- 1-2 years’ experience in investment banking, corporate finance, trading, or relevant sales experience;
- Strong knowledge or affinity with commodity and financial markets;
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills;
- Energetic individual able to work accurately under pressure;
- Proficient in MS Office, with advanced Excel skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration and discretionary performance bonus;
- 25 vacation days per calendar year;
- NS Business card (depending on your residence);
- Target incentives (company events, gifts etc.);
- Gym discount and workout classes;
- Company trainings for communication and personal development;
- In-house Life Coach.
I connect clients to commodity markets
Playing at the top of my game
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
We succeed together.
We offer you a transparent and good remuneration. You will receive a competitive salary, with the opportunity to make it even better with very attractive performance bonuses.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
I enjoy being highly independent while still being part of a team. I’ve never experienced a job where time flies this fast! Working at ACT means constantly thinking in order to stay one step ahead, considering what our clients’ needs will be before they have even thought about them themselves. I continue to learn a lot from ACT’s well-built relationships and strong business model. After a solid sales training, I got the opportunities to develop my own style. ACT’s philosophy incorporates investing in people. We invest well in our clients, but even more so in our traders. Personal and team development ranks high on our agenda.
At ACT you get the opportunity to start building your book of business, working with clients and closing trades from day one. You don’t have to wait until you’ve established a long career to be on the front lines like in many other financial firms. I got the autonomy to figure things out, but always get great support from Desk Managers and other Sales Traders. It’s a team effort.
The atmosphere is far better than any other job I’ve had. Both on a personal and professional level. New York is a real hub for success. It’s amazing how dynamic the city is and how it attracts the best of the best across so many fields and industries.
Within ACT you are responsible for building your own client portfolio whilst running your own shop. I consider sales trading as solving puzzles, connecting buyers and sellers at the right moment with the right product specifications. A career that allows me to be creative and entrepreneurial, this gives me a lot of energy. After a few years I am still excited to go to work every day.
I enjoy the opportunities we have for growth and our own informal way of doing business. We work hard and combine this with a lot of social activities with colleagues. If you are a people person, curious and have an entrepreneurial spirit, ACT offers you an open and dynamic business culture where new business ideas are welcomed and well rewarded.