More about the job
Who We Are
At ACT Commodities we trade environmental products and help our clients reach their environmental and sustainability objectives through trading and advising on products such as carbon offsets, environmental certificates, biofuels and many others. We help our clients maximize their profits whilst reducing risk by utilizing our knowledge and network. We are a dynamic company with 280+ ambitious people from all over the world, all working in an open environment where no day is the same.
Since our founding in 2009, we have expanded to have offices in Amsterdam, New York, Paris, and now Singapore!
What you’ll do:
As an Environmental Compliance Consultant you will work with the clients of various sizes in different industries, each with their own set of exciting challenges. You will create, manage and grow your own portfolio of clients, using your strong interpersonal skills, and stellar communication skills to gain your clients’ trust.
You will find your own leads and through cold calling you, industry events, business meetings; you will break down barriers and go the extra mile to ensure you stand out to clients.
You will also have the full support of your colleagues each, like you, with their unique set of skills and clients, and you will work together to close deals. Through our collaborative way of working most of our deals happen between 2 or more consultants. This approach means that you as well as our clients will benefit from the entirety of our knowledge, experience, and network.
You will harness your inner entrepreneur to help establish your own desk within our APAC office. You will establish first contacts on your market and have the great opportunity to be one of the first to gain market access.
Who you are:
We are looking for a driven professional with (preferably) some experience or at least an affinity with finance and sales to service our Korean and Japanese clients/markets. A cold calling pro and a charismatic portfolio manager with an entrepreneurial mindset. It is important that you are self-motivated to keep going, not afraid of setbacks, eager to learn and can handle constructive criticism. The ideal candidate:
- Fluent in English and either Japanese or Korean language, in order to communicate effectively with our clients on the Korean and Japanese markets
- Bachelor’s/ Master's graduate, preferably in Business, Economics, or Finance;
- 2-4 years’ experience in a Sales/ Trading / Brokerage / Business development role;
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills;
- A sales or business development guru;
- Not afraid to cold call and approach people;
- Energetic, curious and ambitious;
- Driven to close deals and make a difference.
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme;
- Comprehensive training (negotiation, sales, communication, our products);
- Good holiday allotment
- Exciting target incentives;
I connect clients to commodity markets
Playing at the top of my game
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…