More about the job
Who we are:
At ACT Commodities we trade environmental products and help our clients reach their environmental and sustainability objectives through trading products such as carbon offsets, environmental certificates and many others. We help our clients maximize their profits whilst reducing risk by utilizing our knowledge and network. We are a young-minded company with 170+ ambitious people from all over the world, all working in an open environment where no day is ever the same.
What you’ll do:
As the ACT Group continues to grow, more systems are needed to make sure business runs smoothly in order to help our thousands of clients. As our Master Data Manager you will be the driving force ensuring all our data records are properly entered, maintained and utilized. You will be the pioneer leading the Data Revolution at ACT!
Your tasks will range from the design of a comprehensive MDM standardization plan covering all business processes and data flows across various systems, to data analysis tasks, functioning as the administrator of data maintenance systems. Find below a summary of the responsibilities:
- Devise processes for master data collection, cleansing, standardization and quality control;
- Write global business MDM documentation, including training materials to assist users in understanding the new data systems;
- Design and develop KPIs to track data completeness, accuracy, and process evolution;
- Proactively maintain and improve data records to support the business operations, as well as provide (ad-hoc) reports and analyses;
- Record and update all aspects of product records to meet business needs, and escalation to managers if encountering unjustified variances;
- Be a champion for the use of standard MDM procedures and robust MDM governance disciplines and co-ordinate implementation roll-outs and projects;
- Manage the creation, maintenance, and retirement of master data objects to support product trials, launches and changes;
- A relevant educational degree and multiple years of experience working in a similar MDM function, including handling large data projects, data governance and change management;
- Strong IT skills, including robust skills in MS Office software and experience with Dynamics CRM & NAV systems;
- Proactive approach to developing and enhancing systems and processes;
- Skilled stakeholder manager and excellent communicator in English, with the ability of conveying information to users with various levels of expertise;
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and a methodical approach with high levels of attention to detail;
- Flexibility to respond appropriately to business pressures and deadlines;
- Ability to work independently at high levels of complexity and handle evolving processes at short notice;
- Previous relevant experience in the financial or retail industry is desirable.
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme;
- Business- and communication-related trainings;
- Relocation budget (when applicable);
- Exciting quarterly target incentives;
- Kickboxing and football;
- In-house Life Coach.
I love efficiency
Room to keep improving
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.