More about the job
Who we are:
At ACT Commodities we trade environmental products and help our clients reach their environmental and sustainability objectives through trading products such as carbon offsets, environmental certificates, biofuels and many others. We help our clients maximize their profits whilst reducing risk by utilizing our knowledge and network. We are an ambitious company with 200+ energetic people from all over the world, all working in an open environment where no day is the same.
What you will do:
- Assist the Finance and Credit teams with the completion of the deal process
- Facilitate timely product delivery to clients and vendors with a high degree of accuracy
- Ensure accurate information on every trade and help create management reports
- Partner with clients and vendors regarding their accounts to resolve any account/invoice discrepancies
- Coordinate with the internal credit team to ensure client and vendor account balances are in good standing before deliveries are completed
- Internal contract generation and external contract review, related to trade details
- Monitor & follow up with internal and external parties to ensure contract completion and accuracy
- Support Operations month-end close activities
- Own quarterly transaction reporting & reconciliations
- Partner with auditors for annual audits & reporting
- Contribute as a thought partner in documenting and creating new policies and procedures for the Operations team
- Work collaboratively across teams to address evolving needs
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- 2-4 years of working experience in trade operations, accounting, or reporting
- Dynamic, “out-of-the-box” problem solver with a “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- Highly self-motivated person who thrives in a driven work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly
- Takes ownership for decisions and is accountable for actions regardless of the outcome
- A mature professional with excellent judgment and interpersonal skills
Room to keep improving
I love efficiency
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of talented colleagues from over 30 countries. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!