More about the job
Who we are:
At ACT Commodities we trade environmental products and help our clients reach their environmental and sustainability objectives through trading products such as carbon offsets, environmental certificates, biofuels and many others. We help our clients maximize their profits whilst reducing risk by utilizing our knowledge and network. We are an ambitious company with 200+ energetic people from all over the world, all working in an open environment where no day is the same.
What you’ll do:
- Perform an assessment on current state to identify procedural gaps. Work with global counterparts to understand the scope of the issues and identify near-term best practice adjustments
- Prepare and analyze weekly performance and key metrics reports for operations group
- Ensure timely completion and evolution of monthly controls, reporting, and all deliveries
- Monitor and proactively seek to minimize operational risks
- Manage internal and external audits and ensure provision of required information, responses, and timely implementation of recommendations
- Propose and implement innovative technologies to modernize the trade settlement process and stay ahead of the ever-changing environmental commodities markets while keeping the business activities efficient, effective, and compliant
- Collaborate closely with IT to develop and optimize processes & controls, leveraging technology and leading automation projects
- Ensure team oversight and delivery of periodic feedback, performance reviews of direct reports, setting team objectives, team training, and career development
- Delegate work across the group and team members, review and re-allocate as necessary
- Ensure that the activities performed by the group are adhering to the firm’s procedures
- Strategic planning to ensure the support function is aligned with the strategic plan of the firm
- Build effective relationships with front office groups along with other support functions
- Partner with the members of the business by advising on the structure of deals, from an operational point of view to minimize operational / reputational risks
Who you are:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of operations experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Familiar with the Trade Product life cycle and be able to successfully deliver detailed product features using a skilled workforce
- Dynamic, “outside of the box” problem solver with a “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Highly self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly
- Takes ownership for decisions and is accountable for actions regardless of the outcome
Room to keep improving
I love efficiency
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of talented colleagues from over 30 countries. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!