More about the job
ACT Fuels is connected to an extensive global network of buyers and producers of petroleum fuels and biodiesel, which enables us to serve our large international client base.
Thanks to our long-term relationships with most of the European biofuel producers, petroleum companies, refineries and industrial end-users, we have both the knowledge to serve well and the ability to act fast in response to our clients’ diverse needs. At ACT Fuels we have a strong focus on satisfying our clients’ quality specifications, delivery requirements and payment terms.
What you will do:
- Assist the Operations team with the completion of the deal process
- Internal contract generation and external contract review, related to trade details
- Ensure that all operational information is entered into our Operating systems on day-to-day basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Ensure that adequate records are kept meeting the company's legal and fiscal obligations.
- Coordinate with the internal credit team to ensure client and vendor account balances are in good standing before deliveries are completed
- Monitor & follow up with internal and external parties to ensure contract completion and accuracy
- Support Operations month-end close activities
- Contribute in documenting and creating new policies and procedures for the Operations team
- Work collaboratively across teams to address evolving needs
- Bachelor degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Finance, Business/Administration and Economics, or related studies preferred
- Minimum 1 – 3 years of working experience in trade operations, accounting, or reporting
- Highly self-motivated person who thrives in a driven work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Excellent knowledge and use of English (written and spoken)
- Excellent administrative skills with eye for detail
- Excellent problem solving and stress management skills combined with a pro-active attitude
- Experience in the oil and/or commodity trading industry is a plus
Room to keep improving
Seeing a flawless sequence of trades makes me smile
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.