More about the job
Who we are:
Do you want to work in a fast-growing scale up alongside colleagues from all over the world, in an ever-changing industry? At ACT Commodities we trade environmental products and help our clients reach their environmental and sustainability objectives through trading products such as carbon offsets, environmental certificates, biofuels and many others. We help our clients maximize their profits whilst reducing risk by utilizing our knowledge and network. We are a young-minded company with 200+ ambitious people from all over the world, all working in an open environment where no day is the same.
What you will do:
As a part-time Payroll Controller you will be part of the Finance team and act as a liaison with the Human Resources department. You will be responsible for managing the payroll for all 150+ ACT employees across our 6 business entities in The Netherlands and France. You will manage payroll related processes, and update policies, procedures, and guidelines, to be compliant with Dutch and French legal and tax requirements.
- Reviewing and controlling the monthly payroll prepared by external parties;
- Managing the timing and schedule of payroll related mutations (recurring and one-offs);
- Controlling, recalculating, and reviewing yearly bonuses;
- Overseeing and controlling employee expense claims and refunds;
- Maintaining internal procedures together with the Human Resources team;
- Posting payroll-related entries in the system and performing monthly reconciliations;
- Preparing and uploading salary-related payments in the bank system;
- Applying a flexible approach to organizational change and being adaptable to business needs.
- University degree in Business, Accounting, or related;
- 4+ years of experience in payroll in accordance to Dutch and French legislation;
- Great communication skills in English and French. Dutch is a plus;
- Advanced MS Excel Skills;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to consolidate and analyse large amounts of data from various sources;
- Able to work independently but also in a cooperative environment;
- Critical thinking and controlling mindset.
What we offer:
- Part-time job for 2 or 3 days per week (flexible);
- An in-house position in a fast-growing organization;
- Being part of an ambitious international team of dynamic young professionals;
- Innovative environment where personal and professional development is key;
- Competitive remuneration, corporate pension and bonus schemes;
- Business- and communication-related trainings;
- Relocation budget and NS Business Card (when applicable);
- Exciting quarterly target incentives;
- In-house Life Coach.
Room to keep improving
Becoming the best I can be
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.