More about the job
ACT Commodities is a global leader in trading environmental commodities. Founded in 2009 as one of the first companies to pursue this market, we are now one of the largest specialized trading firms in the fields of carbon emissions, biofuels and renewable energy on a global scale. This is complemented with widespread activity in the oil and petroleum markets, which expand our scope covering the intertwined world of energy and fuel commodities. ACT Commodities operates in Amsterdam, New York, Shanghai, and Paris.
We believe our success lies in our personal relationships, trust, honesty and sharing interests. We focus on developing our employees on a personal level. All employees follow a personal development course. This course is designed to provide you with an understanding of the logic of human behavior and interactions and includes a set of practical tools for navigating the human side of organizational life.
- New business development through lead generation, prospecting while establishing and cultivating relationships with buyers and sellers in the environmental commodity markets;
- Understand and identify arbitrage opportunities in the environmental commodity market to originate deal flow for your trade book;
- Accurately establish sell/ purchase price for significant volumes in the environmental commodity markets and negotiate sell/purchase contracts with counterparties;
- Research, understand and stay up-to-date on legislation and geopolitical changes that create trading opportunities in the environmental commodity markets;
- Participate in the development and execution of trading strategies.
- Represent the firm at conferences and engage with stakeholders within the industry
- Undergraduate Degree in Economics, Business, Agriculture, Environmental Studies or a related field
- 2-5 years of relevant sales, trading, or business development experience
- Dynamic, “outside of the box” problem solver with a “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- Highly self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly
- Ambitious, innovative and team-oriented; this highly valued role will require an intelligent professional with a commercial skillset and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Presentation and client communication skills are essential
- Takes ownership for decisions and is accountable for actions regardless of the outcome
- Willingness to travel
Compensation & Benefits:
- Positive working environment with an opportunity for internal growth within our US office
- Attention to personal and professional development
- Competitive salary + full benefits & 401k
- Open door policy & access to top-level management
- Positive, energetic and collaborative environment
ACT Commodities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at ACT Commodities, Inc. are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, family or parental status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
I connect clients to commodity markets
Playing at the top of my game
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of talented colleagues from over 30 countries. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
At ACT you get the opportunity to start building your book of business, working with clients and closing trades from day one. You don’t have to wait until you’ve established a long career to be on the front lines like in many other financial firms. I got the autonomy to figure things out, but always get great support from Desk Managers and other Sales Traders. It’s a team effort.
The atmosphere is far better than any other job I’ve had. Both on a personal and professional level. New York is a real hub for success. It’s amazing how dynamic the city is and how it attracts the best of the best across so many fields and industries.
Within ACT you are responsible for building your own client portfolio whilst running your own shop. I consider sales trading as solving puzzles, connecting buyers and sellers at the right moment with the right product specifications. A career that allows me to be creative and entrepreneurial, this gives me a lot of energy. After a few years I am still excited to go to work every day.
I enjoy the opportunities we have for growth and our own informal way of doing business. We work hard and combine this with a lot of social activities with colleagues. If you are a people person, curious and have an entrepreneurial spirit, ACT offers you an open and dynamic business culture where new business ideas are welcomed and well rewarded.
I enjoy being highly independent while still being part of a team. I’ve never experienced a job where time flies this fast! Working at ACT means constantly thinking in order to stay one step ahead, considering what our clients’ needs will be before they have even thought about them themselves. I continue to learn a lot from ACT’s well-built relationships and strong business model. After a solid sales training, I got the opportunities to develop my own style. ACT’s philosophy incorporates investing in people. We invest well in our clients, but even more so in our traders. Personal and team development ranks high on our agenda.