More about the job
As a Sales Trader at ACT Commodities, you will work with the most interesting clients, each with their own set of exciting challenges. You will grow and manage your own portfolio, using your strong interpersonal skills and charming personality to gain your clients’ confidence and trust.
You will have the full support of your colleagues at ACT, each – like you – adding their unique skills to the group. Our on-going personal development program will help you set and reach clear goals and career objectives, helping you to excel in your role. Naturally, your success comes with matching rewards. One of them being the satisfaction of knowing you’re a vital player in one of the world’s top teams in commodities trading.
As a Sales Trader you will be responsible for:
- Trade a variety of certificates on our Renewable Fuels Desk; establishing a credible name in the market, and building a client portfolio;
- Identify key markets and originate new business to increase market share, while contributing to the growth of the existing book of business;
- Source and build business relationships with major biofuel producers and blenders;
- Develop an understanding of the landscape within the market including product knowledge, industry challenges, legislative and geopolitical changes;
- Represent the firm at conferences and engage with stakeholders within the industry.
- Undergraduate Degree in Economics, Business, Agriculture, Environmental Studies or a related field
- 2-5 years of relevant sales, trading, merchandising, or business development experience
- Dynamic, “outside of the box” problem solver with a “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- Highly self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly
- Ambitious, innovative and team-oriented; this highly valued role will require an intelligent professional with a commercial skillset and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Presentation and client communication skills are essential
- Takes ownership for decisions and is accountable for actions regardless of the outcome
- Willingness to travel
ACT Commodities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at ACT Commodities, Inc. are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, family or parental status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
I am a vital link with clients and the market
Finding opportunities whenever I can
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of talented colleagues from over 30 countries. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
We succeed together.
We offer you a transparent and good remuneration. You will receive a competitive salary, with the opportunity to make it even better with very attractive performance bonuses.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
At ACT you get the opportunity to start building your book of business, working with clients and closing trades from day one. You don’t have to wait until you’ve established a long career to be on the front lines like in many other financial firms. I got the autonomy to figure things out, but always get great support from Desk Managers and other Sales Traders. It’s a team effort.
The atmosphere is far better than any other job I’ve had. Both on a personal and professional level. New York is a real hub for success. It’s amazing how dynamic the city is and how it attracts the best of the best across so many fields and industries.
I still remember the first day I visited ACT for my job interview. When I opened the door to the trading floor I immediately sensed the high and positive energy. Working at ACT means working in a great atmosphere within a great team. I don’t consider my colleagues as co-workers, but see us more as a group of friends. We help each other out and if you have any questions everybody is more than happy to help you.
Our contribution to reaching our clients’ environmental goals is first and foremost about dealing with people. We highly value our client relationships. We do business in a way that is not so much about price, but about building sincere relationships based on trust.
Within ACT you are responsible for building your own client portfolio whilst running your own shop. I consider sales trading as solving puzzles, connecting buyers and sellers at the right moment with the right product specifications. A career that allows me to be creative and entrepreneurial, this gives me a lot of energy. After a few years I am still excited to go to work every day.
I enjoy the opportunities we have for growth and our own informal way of doing business. We work hard and combine this with a lot of social activities with colleagues. If you are a people person, curious and have an entrepreneurial spirit, ACT offers you an open and dynamic business culture where new business ideas are welcomed and well rewarded.