More about the job
ACT Fuels is connected to an extensive global network of buyers and producers of petroleum fuels and biodiesel, which enables us to serve our large international client base.
Thanks to our long-term relationships with most of the European biofuel producers, petroleum companies, refineries and industrial end-users, we have both the knowledge to serve well and the ability to act fast in response to our clients’ diverse needs. At ACT Fuels we have a strong focus on satisfying our clients’ quality specifications, delivery requirements and payment terms.
As a Senior Barge/Vessel Operator you will be part of our experienced Operations team who takes care of everything from contract approval to the final delivery of the product. You will have the full responsibility to carry out operations and logistical services for a specific product group in the international oil market.
- Ensuring that all obligations arising from a contract are controlled and carried out;
- Deal daily with customers, freight counterparties, terminals, inspectors;
- Plan, prepare and nominate cargoes and monitor progress of imports/barges/vessels;
- Ensure smooth operations in order to avoid supply disruption and minimize demurrage costs;
- Ensure adherence to custom clearance, internal audit guidelines and fulfill document requirements and filing;
- Ensure that all operational information is entered into our Operating systems on a day-to-day basis and ensure that adequate records are kept meeting the company's legal and fiscal obligations;
- Alignment with internal business stakeholders (e.g. traders, back-office, business control, financial control, treasury).
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business/Administration and Economics, or related studies;
- At least 6 years of experience within Barge/Vessel operations and logistics;
- Experience with liquid bulk cargo
- A clear communicator with excellent problem solving and stress management skills combined with a pro-active attitude
- Excellent administrative skills with eye for detail and efficiency;
- Strong proficiency in Excel;
- Experience in the oil and/or commodity trading industry is a plus;
- Excellent knowledge and use of English (written and spoken).
Room to keep improving
Seeing a flawless sequence of trades makes me smile
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.