More about the job
Who we are:
At ACT Commodities we trade environmental products and help our clients reach their environmental and sustainability objectives through trading products such as carbon offsets, environmental certificates, biofuels and many others. We help our clients maximize their profits whilst reducing risk by utilizing our knowledge and network. We are an energetic company with 200+ ambitious team members from all over the world, working in an open environment where no day is the same.
What you'll do:
As a Senior Credit Analyst, you will be part of our Global Risk department with full oversight and control of trading activities of our four offices, with a focus on North American transactions. You will experience a steep learning curve, which will provide a full overview of Risk at ACT. You get to work in a fast, entrepreneurial environment alongside 200+ colleagues from 40+ countries.
The challenge lies in the complexity of our industry and trading strategies, as well as the variety of products we work with. Through direct contact with our traders and Risk Director, you will gain sufficient knowledge to build a global risk framework to control our portfolio risk.
In summary, you will:
- Refine and implement credit risk frameworks and procedures to ensure continued business growth with controlled credit risk
- Perform and manage the analysis and assessment of client/counterparty credit and financial strength by analyzing financials, operations, and trade cycles to understand business conditions and inherent credit risk
- Perform credit risk analysis and assessment for new markets and trading strategies
- Continuous monitoring of the existing client portfolio and assess new requests from traders
- Build and implement credit risk models
- Become the trusted advisor to traders
- Oversee and control our market, credit, and operational risk
- Design, implement, and present risk monitoring metrics for ongoing assessment
- Evaluate, manage, and approve exceptions to current counterparty credit policy
- Manage contact with our traders, clients, and credit references
- Liaise with our technology team to define requirements for risk systems
Who you are:
- 5+ years of credit risk analysis and management in commodity trading or financial sector
- Strong knowledge of counterparty credit risk models and frameworks
- Affinity with financial markets
- Experience with Python or SQL is a plus
- Intellectually curious and able to demonstrate structured problem solving and analytical skills
- Hardworking, results-oriented with an outstanding ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Confident with stakeholder management
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or another relevant study
Peak efficiency is when we’re all in it together
Playing at the top of my game
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of talented colleagues from over 30 countries. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!