More about the job
The Senior Financial Controller will be part of the Finance & Operations team of ACT Commodities, a Sales & Trading company with an international product and client portfolio. This makes it a very diverse & international environment, which reflects in the job as well.
The Senior Financial Controller is responsible for execute financial control and accounting services towards timely, reliable and complete closing and reporting.
- Prepare and process memo postings
- Ensure and monitor proper accounting concepts within end-to-end processes
- Analyze and review of the Balance Sheet and P&L
- Control balance sheet (checks, accruals, provisions, reconciliation)
- Ensure maintenance of basic system data
- Ensure maintenance of periods in financial system (open/close)
- Ensure month- and year-end closing according to applicable deadlines
- Ensure reliable, timely and complete financial accounts for designated legal entities in accordance with applicable Accounting principles
- Prepare compliance towards legal entity requirements
- Prepare compliance towards applicable statutory regulations
- Prepare reporting packs
- Co-develop policies and procedures within financial control
- Perform financial control processes and assist in improvements
- Contribute to an efficient and effective Audit process
- Alignment with business stakeholders (traders, execution, treasury)
- Advisor for local and group managers
- Bachelor/Master degree in Accounting or related studies
- Experience with financial control and accounting
- At least 5 years’ experience (within Big 4 Audit firm)
- Excellent knowledge and use of English and preferably Dutch
- Knowledge of and experience with Dutch GAAP and IFRS
- IT system experience (implementation and/ or improvement)
Peak efficiency is when we’re all in it together
Room to keep improving
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
ACT’s growth strategy in physical environmental commodities is a perfect fit with my Logistics and Operations experience and my passion for renewable energy. What I really like about my work is the continuously changing environment and working with customers to create solutions so that they can keep their plants running.
ACT cares about training their employees and ensuring that they are reaching their potential. They go the extra mile to give me the tools I need to be successful. And when we are successful, everybody is part of the celebration. I can’t think of a better place to work hard and play hard. Last but not least, I get to experience NY with a group of coworkers who are also good friends.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!