More about the job
The Senior Logistic Coordinator is responsible for lead operations and logistics services towards timely and accurate execution and reporting at optimal cost while partnering with the business.
- Ensuring that all obligations arising from the contract/charter party are carried out, and that any necessary requirements are compiled with.
- Deal with cargo and freight counter-parties, terminals and vessels on a regular basis regarding all post-deal activities ensuring all necessary operational information is passed on in good time and documentary requirements are met.
- Make cargo and vessel nominations, prepare and send voyage orders and monitor progress of vessels.
- Appoint independent inspectors, expeditors and ships agents.
- Ensure that all Operational Information is entered into Trading systems (CRM, Pioneer, Navision, etc) in timely fashion and ensure that adequate records are kept to meet the company's legal and fiscal obligations.
- Ensure that any necessary financial security is in place.
- Participate in out of hours coverage arrangements.
- Liaise with charterers to ensure smooth operations, avoid supply disruption and minimize demurrage costs.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Logistics or related studies
- At least 3-5 years’ experience and achieved success within operations and logistical business
- Knowledge of and experience with international trade contracts and incoterms
- Excellent knowledge and use of English (written and spoken)
- Experience in the commodity trading industry is a plus
Seeing a flawless sequence of trades makes me smile
There’s always room to improve
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
ACT’s growth strategy in physical environmental commodities is a perfect fit with my Logistics and Operations experience and my passion for renewable energy. What I really like about my work is the continuously changing environment and working with customers to create solutions so that they can keep their plants running.
ACT cares about training their employees and ensuring that they are reaching their potential. They go the extra mile to give me the tools I need to be successful. And when we are successful, everybody is part of the celebration. I can’t think of a better place to work hard and play hard. Last but not least, I get to experience NY with a group of coworkers who are also good friends.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!