More about the job
- Support the finance, accounting, back and middle-office operations;
- Maintain bookkeeping, AR, AP, risk management, and deal settlement activities for variety of commodity products and OTC traded-products;
- Accurately prepare all required reports on a quarterly and annual basis;
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations for corporation’s entities and accounts, as required;
- Support the preparation and delivery of corporation’s monthly financial statement close process;
- Ensure financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely, and analyze and review financial statements;
- Prepare the monthly reporting packages for corporate entities including analysis of current actual results to prior period actual results for corporation - for use in Board and Senior Management reporting and external reporting;
- Work directly with the CEO, Head of Finance, and Assistant Controller to maintain the effectiveness of the company’s financials and provide accurate and timely daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly management reports;
- Assist in implementing internal controls around accounting, finance and reporting processes and systems;
- Liaise with team members regarding operational, IT, audit, treasury, tax, regulatory compliance, and credit matters with clients, vendors and third party service providers;
- Ad hoc projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- 1-2 years of working experience in a corporate accounting or public accounting position
- CPA Designation is a plus
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Capability of taking ownership for decisions and being accountable for actions regardless of the outcome
- Being a mature professional with excellent judgment and interpersonal skills
- Dynamic, “outside of the box” problem solver with a “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- Highly self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly
ACT Commodities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at ACT Commodities, Inc. are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, family or parental status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Grow within your career
Be a part of an organization that values professional development
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of talented colleagues from over 30 countries. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!