More about the job
Who we are:
Do you want to work in a fast-growing scale up alongside colleagues from all over the world, in an ever-changing industry. At ACT Commodities we trade environmental products and help our clients reach their environmental and sustainability objectives through trading products such as carbon offsets, environmental certificates, biofuels and many others. We help our clients maximize their profits whilst reducing risk by utilizing our knowledge and network. We are a young-minded company with 200+ ambitious people from all over the world, all working in an open environment where no day is the same.
What you will do:
The International Sustainability and Carbon Certification (ISCC) is one of the leading certification systems related to greenhouse gas emissions, used in over 100 countries. As a Senior Sustainability Compliance Officer you will be working together with our Fuels Trading desk in order to ensure proper compliance with ISCC standards and regulations and prepare for audits. You will not do this alone, but work closely with the other Sustainability Compliance Officer, who reports to you. You will report directly to the Compliance Director, but for daily business matters you will work closely with the Financial Director and traders of the Fuels desk. You will be the go-to person for all ISCC-related matters and skillfully manage questions and concerns from the business. You will need to improve the ISCC framework within ACT by contacting the relevant authorities and staying up-to-date with changing regulations.
- Change components and classification of products;
- Monitor for new or changing (ISCC) regulation and inform the relevant stakeholders internally;
- Review and improve the procedures and conduct risk assessments;
- Review and improve the control systems to ensure compliance with regulations;
- Be a sounding board for the traders and meet resistance with convincing arguments;
- Main contact person for the company’s ISCC auditors and manage the annual ISCC certification audit;
- Maintain and monitor the mass balance together with the Sustainability Compliance Officer.
Who you are
For this role, the ideal candidate is experienced on all ISCC matters, able to handle counterarguments from the business side, and ready to work in a stand-alone role where he or she can build lasting standards of work. Some key requirements are:
- University degree in a relevant field of study;
- Expert on the relevant regulation Renewable Energy Directive (RED/RED II) Fuel Quality Directive (FQD) and the ISCC certification scheme;
- At least 5 years of experience working with ISCC;
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English, German is a plus;
- Independent and detail-oriented individual;
- Great organizational and communication skills;
- Skilled stakeholder manager able to diplomatically handle opposing ideas;
- Entrepreneurial mindset regarding new opportunities.
What we offer:
- Being part of an ambitious international team of dynamic young professionals;
- Competitive remuneration, corporate pension and bonus schemes;
- Business- and communication-related trainings;
- Relocation budget and NS Business Card (when applicable);
- Exciting quarterly target incentives;
- In-house Life Coach.
Room to keep improving
Becoming the best I can be
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.