More about the job
Who we are:
At ACT Commodities we trade environmental products and help our clients reach their environmental and sustainability objectives through trading products such as carbon offsets, environmental certificates and many others. We help our clients maximize their profits whilst reducing risk by utilizing our knowledge and network. We are a young-minded company with 200+ ambitious people from all over the world, all working in an open environment where no day is ever the same.
What you will do:
After several years of outsourcing our IT systems, we started to build our own in-house IT team in 2019. Our team is responsible for the global IT landscape within the company. We are responsible for further strengthening the solid base that has already been laid out. To further support the quick growth of our business towards the future, the design and implementation of new systems allow us to bring new techniques and technologies to the trading floor. Together we have the opportunity to pioneer and innovate on a global scale.
As a Service Delivery Manager you will be responsible for monitoring and managing the IT support desk and overall support functions. You will serve as an escalation point while also becoming the point of contact with our external vendors. In a nutshell, your responsibilities will entail:
- Monitoring and managing the IT Support desk and overall support functions (both internal and external) to ensure optimal service
- Maintaining high performance levels for service-related processes, and implementing improvement activities wherever necessary
- Taking ownership of critical incidents, coordinating with resolution parties, and establishing effective communication between stakeholders for post-incident reviews
- Ensuring that systems, procedures, and methodologies are in place to support outstanding service delivery, and in line with regulatory (compliance & audit) requirements
- Developing a deep understanding of projects to gain insights into the scope of service delivery
- Taking accountability for service delivery performance, meeting customer expectations, and driving future demand
- Analyzing third-party as well as internal processes, and creating strategies for service delivery optimization
Performance and Quality Management
- Recommending methods of improvement and seeing that actions are implemented on time for service delivery upgrades
- Providing accurate and regular reports to the management on performance of the service delivery
- Leading personnel management, including staff recruitment, performance assessment, training, and mentoring
- Building strong relationships with teams and stakeholders to enable effective dialogue exchange between departments
- Supervising the service desk team to facilitate continual improvements in the environment
- Making sure that application updates and patches are applied effectively and promptly
- 5+ years’ experience in similar role in similar role preferably in finance domain.
- Experience in dealing with third-party-provided services and strong stakeholder communications skills
- Experience in managing Windows AD/Azure AD, Azure Cloud and other M365 related technologies
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the support and other related teams with preferably JIRA/Confluence tools or any other similar tools.
- Proficiency in leading both physical and virtual teams
- Operational ability in a diverse, large-scale environment
- Exceptional customer-facing skills
- In-depth knowledge of escalation procedures, incident management, and other disciplines related to service delivery
- Mastery of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) principles
- Expertise in people management and leadership
- Strong organizational skills
- Capacity to train and guide junior team members
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks efficiently
- Solid resource planning and problem-solving skill
- Readiness to demonstrate a proactive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration, corporate pension and bonus schemes;
- Business- and communication-related trainings;
- Relocation budget and NS Business Card (when applicable);
- Exciting quarterly target incentives;
- In-house Life Coach.
There’s always room to improve
Seeing a flawless sequence of trades makes me smile
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.