More about the job
As the world moves towards a more sustainable future, ACT Commodities capitalizes on this shift. We trade energy efficiency certificates as well as other products on the environmental commodities market. We are a ‘go for gold’ company and we’re looking for those who want to carve their path and make a difference.
Do you have experience in the Carbon market and can you combine analysis and business development to discover new markets and products? Are you ambitious, analytical, and curious about global commodity trading?
The Strategist role is crucial in the building and development of the business. Your job will be about understanding a complex and dynamic market place where changing legislation, product availability, and client requirements add up to opportunities for developing new market products. You get to do it all, from building client relationships through your excellent cold calling and sales skills to identifying and sourcing suitable products and creating new market opportunities.
What you'll do:
- Undertake research and analysis across a wide range of commodity markets to apply expertise to the traders;
- Lead components of project delivery, under guidance from management & traders;
- Liaise with the traders to ensure and maintain current knowledge of major drivers and trends across commodity markets;
- Gather carbon market data and policy information to identify industry trends and develop strategic insights;
- Help to identify new sources of business to develop new trading desks or new ways of trading products;
- Attend conferences and exhibitions to keep on track with the latest carbon policy developments.
Who you are:
- Masters graduate of Environmental Management, Sustainability, Business, Finance, or another relevant study with a focus on environmental or sustainability topics;
- An affinity for carbon markets with knowledge of carbon products related to the Paris Agreement, and project-based carbon standards;
- Fluent in English and preferably in one of the following languages: German, Spanish, or Portuguese;
- Intellectually curious and able to demonstrate structured problem solving and analytical skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Aptitude for taking initiative, a commercial and creative mind with an entrepreneurial attitude;
- Motivated and pragmatic individual who goes off the beaten path.
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration and discretionary performance bonus;
- Collective health insurance discount and corporate pension scheme;
- 25 vacation days per calendar year;
- NS Business card (depending on your residence);
- Target incentives (company weekend, themed dinners, gifts);
- Kickboxing and football;
- Company training for communication and personal development;
- In-house Life Coach.
I am the vital link between our traders and new markets
Room to keep improving
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.