More about the job
Are you looking for a position in Amsterdam where you can combine your analytical and business development skills? Discovering new markets and products? Is your personality best described as ambitious, analytical and are you curious about global commodity trading?
The Strategist role is crucial in the building and the development of the business. Your job will be about understanding a complex and dynamic marketplace where changing legislation, product availability and client requirements add up to opportunities for developing new markets. As an ACT Commodities Strategist you get to do it all, from regulatory follow up and identification of opportunity, to implementation of new product in the renewable commodity trading sector (GoOs, biomethane, energy efficiency etc.). You will find relevant ideas and regulation, test the feasibility for ACT in a pre-analysis, find a trading desk for which it makes sense and create a test group for the preliminary product implementation.
- Undertake research and analysis across a wide range of commodity markets by contacting regulators, lobby groups, and NGOs;
- Lead components of project delivery, under guidance from management;
- Liaise with the traders to ensure current knowledge of renewable products and maintain current knowledge of major drivers and trends across commodity markets;
- Identify new sources of business, and help develop new trading desks or new way to trade specific products;
- Provide data and analysis in support of monthly and annual publications;
- Identify new areas of commodity trading for the group.
You like to stay up-to-date with industry trends and news and are not afraid to dig deep into hundred-page documents about legislation. You have stellar social skills and are able to get people onboard to follow your ideas. You like looking for hidden gems and feel accomplished once you’ve found the next best thing in the world of environmental commodities. Your KPIs will be impactful discovery and P&L impact among others.
- Master’s degree in a Business, Energy, or Sustainability related field;
- Fluent in English, an Eastern European language is a plus;
- 2+ years’ experience in the (Renewable) Energy sector, preferably related to regulation or consultancy;
- Experience analyzing data with excellent attention to detail;
- Intellectually curious and able to demonstrate structured problem solving and analytical skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Aptitude for taking initiative, a commercial and creative mind with an entrepreneurial attitude.
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme;
- Negotiation and communication trainings;
- Relocation budget (if applicable);
- 25 vacation days per calendar year;
- Exciting target incentives;
- Collective health insurance discount;
- Public transport card (depending on your residence);
- In-house Life Coach.
I connect clients to commodity markets
Playing at the top of my game
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.