More about the job
The Sustainability Compliance Officer occupies an important position in our organization, serving as a link between the trading execution, operations and administration. You are responsible to manage all operations related to sustainability schemes (like ISCC), maintaining different databases to ensure compliance with biofuels sustainability certifications, preparation for audits and maintaining the mass balance books for sustainability requirements. The Sustainability Compliance Officer is also involved in compliance of products related documents towards Reach and general regulation (like MSDS). Furthermore, attending sustainability conferences is important to stay up-to-date with all the regulations regarding sustainability compliance.
- Manage administrative operations linked to sustainability schemes (ISCC)
- Maintaining Mass balance books
- Manage incoming / outgoing Sustainability Documents
- Manage incoming / outgoing MSDS and control
- Manage month- and year-end closing according to applicable deadlines
- Ensure reliable, timely and complete up-to-date mass balance activities
- Prepare and organize audits together with external auditors
- Ensure and co-develop the Internal Control System and its related policies and procedures within sustainability
- Closely monitor sustainability processes and implement improvements and corrective actions
External audit and compliance
- Ensure compliance towards sustainability certification requirements
- Ensure compliance towards Reach registration for products being traded
- Contact person for external auditors
- Ensure efficient and effective Audit processes
- Alignment with business stakeholders (e.g. traders, operations, back-office, financial control, etc.)
- Advisor/partner for local and group managers
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ graduate
- 3-5 years of experience in Compliance systems
- Experience in the commodity trading industry, logistics, or supply-chain management is a plus
- Ability to manage processes towards strict deadlines
- Ability to keep up-to-date with regulations regarding sustainability
- MS Office expert knowledge, especially Excel.
- Excellent knowledge and use of English
- Energetic, pro-active, positive and likes to be part of a young and growing company
Seeing a flawless sequence of trades makes me smile
There’s always room to improve
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
ACT’s growth strategy in physical environmental commodities is a perfect fit with my Logistics and Operations experience and my passion for renewable energy. What I really like about my work is the continuously changing environment and working with customers to create solutions so that they can keep their plants running.
ACT cares about training their employees and ensuring that they are reaching their potential. They go the extra mile to give me the tools I need to be successful. And when we are successful, everybody is part of the celebration. I can’t think of a better place to work hard and play hard. Last but not least, I get to experience NY with a group of coworkers who are also good friends.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!