More about the job
After several years of outsourcing our IT systems, in 2019 we started our own in-house IT team. Our team is responsible for the global IT landscape within the company. We are continuously strengthening and enhancing our already solid base. To further support the rapid growth of our business toward the future, the design and implementation of new systems allow us to bring new techniques and technologies to the trading floor. Together, we have the opportunity to pioneer and innovate on a global scale.
- First line of support for all departments at ACT Commodities & the “GO-TO” person for daily IT and application related issues
- Troubleshoot & solve day-to-day desktop/laptop, network and infra related issues
- Demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft office 365 applications, Windows Directory and Azure for use administration
- Interface with team members throughout the day and respond to internal ticketing system with proactive solutions
- Fix issues on the spot, you are the one with access to all systems
- Coordinate with counterparts in all ACT Commodities offices and all third-party vendors to fix production issues/enhancements
- Become a knowledge Master of all tools (we’ll provide the training you need)
Who you are
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar IT Support role, preferably in the financial industry
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in IT & Business or equivalent
- ITIL Certification is a plus
- Understanding of JIRA/Confluence or similar ticketing system
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and stakeholder management skills
- You are result-oriented, calm and you take a structured approach to solving problems
- Self-motivated and troubleshooting skills with an “extra-mile” strive for results
Seeing a flawless sequence of trades makes me smile
Room to keep improving
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of talented colleagues from over 30 countries. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!