More about the job
Who we are
At ACT Commodities we trade environmental products and help our clients reach their environmental and sustainability objectives through trading products such as carbon offsets, environmental certificates, biofuels and many others. We do this by utilizing our knowledge and network. We are a young-minded company with 200+ ambitious people from all over the world, all working in an open environment where no day is the same.
You are continuously collaborating with the product manager and tech lead - from discovery to delivery. You strive for a best in class user experience and together you form a core troika that will be measured on the success of the product.
You are focused on the actual customers and the value that our product brings to them. You understand how the product serves our business and can incorporate those constraints in your design. That great user experience unlocks the value of the product is a given for you.
We at ACT believe User Experience goes far beyond the User Interface and so do you. For you UX is the way that customers realize the value of the product end-to-end and you think about all the touch points that a customer has with a product – from mobile to support to email campaigns.
You are comfortable designing for customers at different stages throughout the customer lifecycle:
- How will they learn about the product?
- How do we onboard them successfully?
- How do we motivate customers to use the product more?
- How do we create interactions that create delight and gratification?
- How do we make the customer advocates of our platform?
Key areas of responsibility
- Prototyping - you use prototypes as the primary canvas for communicating ideas. You are comfortable with many different prototyping tools and can quickly bring ideas to life.
- User Testing - you continuously validate and test your ideas with customers and collect insights. Together with the product manager you use user testing to not only assess usability but also assess the value of their ideas.
- Interaction design - You focus on the behavior of the product and the underlying conceptual models (a note taking application might have notes, folders and tags), the task flows and interactions.
- Visual design - you understand the value of how the application looks and feels and incorporate typography, layout and how the brand is expressed throughout the user interface.
- >5 years working experience as a UX Designer or similar role;
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field;
- Experience with rapid prototyping based on customer insights;
- Experience with SaaS based products;
- Affinity with usability testing;
- Having set up or contributed to a design system is a plus.
- Intellectual curiosity
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme;
- Business- and communication-related trainings;
- Relocation budget (when applicable);
- Exciting quarterly target incentives;
- Kickboxing and football;
- In-house Life Coach.
I connect clients to commodity markets
Playing at the top of my game
Because at ACT we get things done together.
That’s what we call collaborative trading because together we…
A training program that fits like a glove.
We want you to develop your skills and talent in the best possible way. Therefore you will enter our unique and personally tailored on-the-job training program with only one goal: to enable you to reach your full potential.
Score great deals and awesome goals.
On top of developing your skills you can also develop your foosball skills. But be aware for our goal getter Paul! Are you more in for a game of table tennis? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
All ingredients for success.
We enable you to reach your full potential. Therefore you will get all the knowledge and training necessary to develop your talents and become successful.
It’s more than a career.
You will be part of our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team that consists of more than 30 nationalities from all over the world. We work hard, but also party hard during drinks, BBQ’s, company weekends, diners, boat trips and so on. So bring your smile and join the party.
Get your own personal life coach.
Working at ACT is more than just learning the right skills and expertise. We also focus on your personal development and growth. That’s where your personal life coach comes in. Because we believe that the more you know about yourself, the more successful you will be.
Throughout ACT you feel this constant thirst for excellence that allowed us to grow quickly and successfully. Within that ever-changing and dynamic environment comes the opportunity to work on things that are already set in stone in so many other organizations. This entrepreneurial spirit you feel throughout the company. From day one I’ve been given the chance to pioneer and challenge the status quo. You really can do things differently here.
I started working at ACT because I wanted to be in a working environment that would really allow me to grow. I certainly got what I was hoping for! Ever since I joined ACT, every day has been different, my learning curve has been very steep because of it.
You learn as you go and I’ve experienced first hand that if you succeed, everybody is genuinely happy for you. Everybody is willing to work hard and make the best out of every day. We are target driven, we are ambitious but always together as a team. That means when a target is accomplished, we also celebrate each other’s success. This teamspirit keeps everybody going!
ACT is rapidly growing and evolving, offering ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and hone your skills. This has allowed me to continuously challenge myself in ways I hadn’t even foreseen. For example, within the first six months of joining ACT New York, I relocated to Amsterdam to lead a global project implementation.
This was an area I hadn’t had a great deal of experience in but management had faith in me and I had faith in the rest of the team. We all grew together through the experience. If you are willing to reach higher, do better and learn more, there really aren’t any barriers at ACT.